First off, this is a Python script.Google drive links on game websites are often not downloadable because the daily download limit has been reached. The solution to bypass is to copy it to our own google drive, download it and then delete it, which is exhausting to do with dozens of links, so I found a script to do that easily.
- connect with your Google account
- select the destination folder for the downloads on your pc (or use the default one)
- paste the link(s)
- enjoy the download!
Careful if you choose to save the credentials: the google drive CREDENTIALS are stored EXPOSED on your pc (to avoid having to reconnect every time), which could allow someone else that has access to it to access, add, modify, download or DELETE YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE FILES. You can also choose to not store them but you will have to login every time.
- When you launch the .exe file, it may take about 10 sec to initialize.
- First, you need to give access to your google drive in order to copy, download and delete the file. When you launch the program, it will open on your browser a google page to authenticate. Your browser may show a warning (this app is not validated by google).
- Once you authorized the app to manage your google drive, go back to the program, you can edit the destination folder on your pc(you can change it later in the file “directory.txt”).
- Then, you can just past the google drive links that you want to download(you can put multiple at the same time), it will automatically copy, download and delete, one file at a time (wait a little to see the download progression if you have a slow connection).
FOR NEW USERS: there are now 100 persons using this script, that’s great but now we’ve reached the limit of users for an unverified app. I don’t know if the creator can get this app verified and anyway it will take a few days before it happens.
If you have the “This app has not been verified yet” error :
- Now you need to go here: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/…art/python
- Click on enable drive API
- download client configuration
- rename this file client_secrets.json
- replace the one in the folder of the script (in the same place as the .exe)
Link for download (the .rar): https://github.com/jonathanTIE/googledri…r/releases
Link to source code: https://github.com/jonathanTIE/googledri…downloader
It doesn’t work with google files(like google sheets, words, PowerPoint) due to an issue with file extensions but it works well with the rest(especially .rar), and the creator only made windows release with a .exe. If the google application goes down or is too heavily used, you will need to create your own client_secrets to access to google api, you can replace it directly on the folder with the .exe. Also if you use an app that communicates through localhost:8080 (like Kodi), you should disable it during the authentification process if login doesn’t work.
Just support me…..