THIS CONTENT ONLY FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS. JOIN MEMBERSHIP IN ORDER TO SEE THIS CONTENT. THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY A PREMIUM MEMBER ARE KINDLY REQUESTED TO IGNORE THIS MESSAGE.THANKS
Free Graphics Card
The way this works is that we complain to HP that our GTX is not working. To do this, find a computer they sell (Omen desktop) that has a graphics card that YOU want and find the serial code for that. So if I want the RTX 2080, im going to find a computer on the HP website that has it. Then I can go into EBAY and search up that computer to see if anyone is selling it, then ask for the serial code. MAKE SURE THAT THE COMPUTER IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. You can check that at their customer support site.
After you’ve obtained the serial code, follow these steps.
1. Call HP, Tell them that the computer turns on but the graphics card is not running. (Fans wont spin, computer screen is black). Tell them that you’ve tried to fix it by taking it out, cleaning it and then putting it back in, but then it still doesn’t want to work.
2. Explain how you’ve read online on options to try to fix it and it still doesn’t want to work.
3. They will ask you to ship in the computer for a repair, tell them that you have important work and school stuff on your drive, and you’re only asking for a replacement on the graphics card.
4. They’ll ask for your card number before shipping it out because they want to make sure that you’ll ship the “broken graphics card”. Give them a privacy card. They’ll be able to charge $1 on it to test it and then ship it out.
5. Make sure to say that you REALLY need the data on your computer, they cannot decline it. If you have to, cry on the phone about how you have exams next week that decide what college you go to (yes i had to do this lol)
6. Bam, you just got yourself a free graphics card